Building & Code Enforcement
About the Building Department/Code Enforcement Office
- Responsible for enforcing NYS Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Codes as well as all Local Laws.
- Review all building construction drawings for residential and commercial and issue permits.
- Work closely with the Planning Department on development proposals.
- Perform Fire Inspections yearly for all Businesses in the Town of Halfmoon, currently there are more than 530 businesses.
- Issue parking tickets and appearance tickets for violations.
Information Required for the Issuance of a Building Permit
- Plot-plan showing location of building, driveway, distance to property line, distance to well and septic (if required).
- Curb cut Permit from Highway Department, NYS DOT or Saratoga County DPW.
- Workers Comp, Liability and Disability Insurance forms from Builders/Contractors.
- Three sets (3) of building plans/drawings (may require an Engineer or Architect Stamp)
- Saratoga County Sewer Permit (if it applies)
It is always a wise decision to contact the Building and Code Enforcement Department prior to the commencement of any construction to see if a permit is required.
|John Cooper||Code Enforcement Officer/Emergency Management Coordinator||(518) 371-7410|
|Sharon Devane||Secretary||(518) 371-7410|
|Paul Hotaling||Department Liaison|
|Richard Harris||Coordinator Building , Planning & Development||(518) 371-7410|
|Paul Buckley||Code Enforcement Officer||518-371-7410|
|Glenn Hebert||Code Enforcement Officer||518-371-7410|