Where can I report suspected animal abuse or neglect?

You may report animal abuse or neglect to the State Police, County Sheriff or to Animal Control—however Animal Control can only do a preliminary investigation since our authority does not extend to enforcing Article 26—the portion of law which covers abuse and neglect in New York State.