The Town of Halfmoon Water mission is to produce, develop, distribute and sell domestic water and services within the Town of Halfmoon. Our mission is to provide safe, high quality and reliable water and service to residents, commercial and industrial customers within the Town of Halfmoon; as a financially independent department. All revenues received from water sales and other related activities remain within the department to fund its operation.
Our goal is to provide these services in an efficient and cost effective way to maintain reasonable rates, while continually planning, maintaining and upgrading our facilities to meet current and future needs. The Town of Halfmoon Water Department is also committed to funding capital reserves for new improvements and future replacement of facilities and equipment. We are committed to fulfilling this mission in an open, courteous and professional manner and to uphold the confidence of our customers.
In fulfilling our mission we will:
- Responsibly serve the public
- Provide employees a safe and healthy work environment
- Ensure fair and equitable rates and charges
- Work cooperatively with local, regional, state and federal agencies
- Practice ethical behavior
- Ensure an open process
- Ensure equal opportunity and diversity in personnel matters and contracting
- Ensure that the Town of Halfmoon Water Department delivers high quality and reliable water supplies for current and future needs.
- Provide excellent customer service and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Plan, design and construct high quality facilities consistent with the Town needs and industry standards.
- Effectively manage the Water Department's financial resources in conformance with Board policies.
- Ensure that all Water Department activities surpass all applicable laws and regulations.
- Operate, maintain and protect the Water Department's facilities in a safe and cost- effective manner.
- Provide leadership in water affairs.
- Actively enhance effective community relations and public information.
- Create and maintain a work environment the fosters teamwork and individual excellence.
- Manage and maintain the DOH, EPA and DEC regulations and protect public safety and water quality.
- Work closely with the Town of Halfmoon Planning Department and Highway Department.
Monday – Friday: 8:00 to 4:00
The Town of Halfmoon is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer. Complaints of discrimination should be sent to:
USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights Washington, DC 20250-9410