Wildlife and Trap Loans

Animal Control DOES NOT remove or relocate nuisance wildlife, nor do we pick up dead wildlife on roadways or on resident’s properties. We DO, however loan humane traps to residents with proof of residency. As we only have a few traps, they are loaned out on a first come, first served basis and must be returned in a clean, working condition. Residents must sign paperwork agreeing to trap regulations and are solely responsible for releasing unharmed any animals which they trap. 

Questions about effective baiting of traps for various wildlife species, suggestions about eradicating nuisance wildlife, as well as wildlife life cycle and predator questions can be directed to the Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Wildlife Biologist at (518) 885 8995. The office is located at 50 W High St., Ballston Spa, NY 12020. 

Pest control companies with the designation WNR (Wildlife Nuisance Removal) or NUCO (Nuisance Control) specialize in these matters and can be located in the yellow pages.